Tuesday, May 12, 2009

First Day As A Teacher

We talked last week in class what would do in our first day as a teaher. One thing that I will not do is hand out the syllabus in the first 2 seconds of class that day. The first thing I will do is something that engages everyone in the classroom were they may get to learn something about their classmates and me. My goal for the exercise is to get everyone involved and create a great environment. I will then go into something that deals with the subject that I am teaching to start some learning and awaken that students brains from summer vacation. Then finish off the first day with some classroom rules and expectations. On the second day is the time I will hand out the syllabus and start in on the material of the class. Now will what I envision of my first day of teaching and actually be change? Probably as a grow in knowledge. Will I have my first day be boring hand out the syllabus and that be it? No that will not happen in my class because I hated when teachers did that in classes that I have taken in the past. I want to make sure that I create an engaging and positive learning enironment from day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment